Enjoy a Safe Stay while in the 1000 Islands
Colonial Resort and Spa would like to reassure our guests that we will do our best to provide a safe stay during this ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Public Health Unit has now made the use of FACE MASKS mandatory in all enclosed public spaces in this region. For more details, visit their website at https://healthunit.org/wp-content/uploads/Public_Health_Instructions_OEA_Stage_2.pdf
We have implemented new safety measures to help keep both our guests and staff safe, such as:
- Both guests and staff are asked to do the Covid-19 self-assessment questionnaire (link provided). If they have any symptoms, please notify the Front Desk immediately (preferably by phone, 1-800-267-9497). They are asked not to enter (or leave immediately) from resort property and follow the recommended guidelines.
- As per above, the use of face masks in all enclosed public spaces is now mandatory. Please remember to dispose of used face masks in a lined garbage container.
- Hand sanitizer stations in areas where soap and hot water are not available.
- Clear plexiglass barriers have been installed at our Front Desk. Debit/Credit card machine will be disinfected between customers. We prefer not to handle cash but it will not be refused.
- Social distancing will be required while in the main building (lobby, gift shop) and floor markers will be in place. We do ask guest to social distance outside on the grounds/gazebos/patio and adhere to government regulations on the number of people permitted to gather safely. We have reduced the number of seats on our patio as well as in the gazebos.
- The cleaning routines have been changed with even more attention paid to high touch areas and the use of a special disinfecting product.
- Guest service directories, telephone books, bibles as well as reusable glasses and mugs have been removed from the guest rooms.
- Express check out is possible. See details below.
Service Changes in effect during this pandemic:
- We do ask that everyone use the hand sanitizer provided when they enter the main building.
- We ask that only 1 person per room come to check in (wearing a face mask). This should be the person whose name is on the reservation. We will require government issued photo ID (driver's license or passport) as well as your credit card. The names on the ID must match the name on the reservation. We will need to know the names of all guests occupying the room.
- Stay over rooms will not be cleaned as in the past. If you need extra towels, etc., please call our front desk and a staff member will leave them on the chair outside your room. We ask that guests tie up their garbage and leave it outside the room door. Or guests are welcome to use the garbage dumpster at the back of the main building.
- If guests are paying with their credit card for their room and have given us an email address, we can offer express check out. You simply need to call the front desk by dialing 0 from your room phone when you are leaving. Your receipt will be emailed to you. You can leave your room key on the table inside the room.
- Due to the current Covid-19 regulations, we will have to discontinue our continental breakfast buffet and bar service until further notice.
- Our indoor and outdoor pools are open and available to hotel guests! Unfortunately due to the government's Covid-19 regulations, we are not permitted to operate our steam room, sauna or hot tub. We will not be selling any pool memberships to local residents at this time. If they become available, I will post it here as well as on our Facebook page.
- Our Sensations Spa will be open for massages by appointment only; facials are not permitted at this time. Clients and massage therapist must wear masks. We will keep you updated on this page!
- Due to the change of service of local restaurants and attractions this season, we will not be able to offer our Getaway Packages.
We are fortunate to have a large green, park-like space here at the resort! Enjoy the tranquility of the green space, gazebos, walking path while at the resort. Our rooms have direct access to the outside for fresh air and easy entry to your room. Many local restaurants have take out as well as delivery during this time. You can inquire at our Front Desk about attractions that may be open during your visit. Gananoque is a beautiful and safe town and it's an easy walk from the resort to anywhere in town. It is wonderful to walk around our waterfront or on the Gananoque hiking trails. And, the 1000 Islands Parkway offers a paved bike/cycle path for 40 km along the river. If there is anything we can do to make your stay better, please let us know.
We thank you for visiting with us! We certainly appreciate your business. Stay safe and healthy!
Colonial Resort & Spa